Calcasieu Historical Preservation Society Logo

 

Calcasieu Historical Preservation Society

The Landmark

The Calcasieu Parish Historical Preservation Society's prestigious Landmark Award is a decorative wooden plaque that is usually attached to the front of a structure. 
 
This award is given in recognition of homeowners who have restored a historic structure as near as possible to its original look.
 
Among the architectural styles often seen in this area are Queen Anne revival, Eastlake, Colonial revival, bungalow and 20th Century eclectic.

District Maps & Guidelines

Charleston Hotel on Ryan Street

The Charleston Hotel, c. 1929

The Charleston Hotel was recognized as a Landmark during the annual meeting of the Calcasieu Historical Preservation Society held Jan 24, 2013.

 
The Charleston Hotel

Read more...

530 Mill Street

The Leland H. Moss House, c 1883

530 Mill Street, known as the Leland H. Moss House, was declared a Landmark property at the January 24, 2013 annual meeting of the Preservation Society.  Landmark Chair A.C. Boudier is shown below presenting the plaque to the owner, Tanis. 

Tanis and AC with plaque

 

Read more...