The house located at 211 Wilson Street is positioned on Lots 15 and 16 of the Margaret Place Subdivision and actually faces Grove Street. Although commonly referred to as the "Noble Home", the original owner of the first structure was A.J. Vicellio who, as it appears, built the cottage circa 1920. In 1936, Charles Noble acquired the cottage and the vacant adjacent lot. He constructed the first addition to the home in 1939. The house was later expanded again and a garage and screened porch were added by the Nobles. The garage and screen porch are now the present day kitchen and family room of the home.
In 1995, John Miller purchased the house and built a shop behind the existing carport and caretaker's cottage. Mr. Miller, who's hobbies included woodworking, built the arched columns on the current screened in patio to mimic the arched columns on the front facade of the home. In 2002, the property was sold to Vicki and Paul Shearman. In 2005, just days before Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans, the current owners, Kathryn (formally Quinn) and Tom Filo purchased the home from Paul Shearman.
The Filos had not yet begun renovations to the house when Hurricane Rita struck Lake Charles in late September of 2005. Tom's oldest son Taylor and his wife Mary Anne moved into the house after their home on Earnest Street was extensively damaged in the hurricane. Taylor's oldest daughter Emily spent her first year in the house while planned renovations to the home proceeded.
The extensive renovations made to the house in 2006 included taking in attic space for a second story playroom and half bath, installing a staircase, building a brand new master suite in place of the former kitchen and dining room and moving the kitchen to the lower portion of the house where the old garage was located. The Filos also built an outdoor fireplace and grilling area on the screened patio, and extensively renovated the old "shop" outside to convert to a game room and storage. During renovation, the Filos discovered many quirky characteristics about the home. For example, every door on the interior of the house, including pocket doors, could be locked from both the inside and outside. Where the kitchen pantry is currently located, there was an old boiler that had been converted into a concrete and brick interior planter. While during the attic renovation, a photography darkroom was found which is why the half bath was constructed. The Filos wanted to keep the integrity and architectural style of the home while renovating. Most of the interior doors are original as well as the exposed brick wall in the current kitchen. The hardwood floors throughout the front of the house are all original and have been refurbished.
In early 2007, shortly after the birth of their second child John, Tom and Kathryn moved into the house at 211 Wilson Street. The house is now a 4 bedroom and 2 half bath home with approximately 3,900 square feet of living space. Tom and Kathryn live in the "Noble Home" with their two children Sarah (8) and John (5), both attend Immaculate Conception Cathedral School across the street.
Both Miller and Filo owned homes in Margaret Place prior to their current residence.